I’m Jon Chacon, the owner and head coach at Austin Performance Fitness.
APF began in the Seattle area as Chacon Performance Training in the Fall of 2012.
I decided to move my family (My very pregnant wife and our business to the great state of Texas in June of 2014, and specifically to Austin because of its reputation for loving fitness.
Fitness has been part of my lifestyle since I was 13, and its only gotten better since.
Once I realized it wasn’t about how fit I could be, but rather about how unfit everything around us was trying to make us, I decided to dedicate my life to helping others build a sustainable fitness lifestyle.
After I served 4.5 honorable years of service in the US Marine Corps, I worked diligently and relentlessly to educate myself and obtain training and certifications that would distinguish and enhance what I have to offer to the people I serve.
I currently hold the following certifications and credentials:
- NSCA – CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- NASM – CPT (Certified Personal Trainer)
- CPPS (Certified Physical Preparation Specialist – Level 1 via Diesel Strength and Conditioning and DeFranco Training Systems)
- Certified USC (Certified Underground Strength Coach – Level 1 via Zach Even-Esh)
I firmly believe in lifelong education for myself and for the people I train. I don’t take everything at face value, but rather I put to use that which will provide my people with the greatest benefit.
At its heart, Austin Performance Fitness is about:
- Fundamentals first
- Strength before speed
- Never-ending progress without pain
- Creating a challenging environment without causing adverse affects
- Lifting heavy things
- Being an active member of the Austin community
I too had my own fitness journey and I would like to share it with you here at My Fitness Story.